The Tenable integration provides InsightCloudSec the ability to communicate with assets in your Tenable accounts. As an example, you can send high priority security alerts when a Tenable Agent has not checked in recently or it has no Agent configured.
At this time we only support Tenable.io.
- This guide assumes that you have installed and linked Nessus Agents to your instances.
- The Tenable.io Agent must have had at least one completed scan run after the integration is configured.
- A Tenable user with Administrator access.
For general information about InsightCloudSec Integrations (editing and deleting), refer to the Integrations Overview page.
If you need help with this integration, contact us through the Customer Support Portal.
1. Get Credentials to your Tenable.io user (Admin required) and access your Tenable dashboard.
- Click on the user icon in the top right.
- Click on "My Account".
- Click on "API Keys" and click "Generate"
- Save the API Keys.
2. To update InsightCloudSec navigate to "Administration --> Integrations".
3. Select "Edit" on the Tenable.io card and provide the following:
- API Key (Access Key)
- Secret Key
4. Click "Save" when you have completed the form for the Tenable.io integration.
The following Query Filters are currently available for use with the Tenable.io integration:
Instance With Tenable.io Agent Configured
Instance With Tenable.io Agent Not Configured
Instance With Tenable.io Agent Last Checkin Threshold
For example, you can use the Query Filter
Instance With Tenable.io Agent Configured to show what instances have the Tenable Agent installed. The following illustration shows one instance has the Tenable Agent installed.
If you are interested in using these Query Filters with automation, InsightCloudSec includes Bot actions that you may be interested in using as part of your Tenable.io integration.
- For detailed step-by-step instructions on using automation check out our documentation on Creating Bots
- You can also check out Working with Bots (Best Practices & Examples) if you want to review some examples.
Instance Agents are harvested every hour. However you can manually enqueue the job to run with the following steps:
1. Navigate to "Administration --> System Administration" and select the "Background Jobs" tab.
2. Search for "Agent".
3. Select the "Enqueue Now" option for the 'ResourceAgentHourlyProcessor' job.
Updated over 1 year ago