The PagerDuty integration provides DivvyCloud the ability to send PagerDuty notification messages in response to infrastructure noncompliance conditions identified by DivvyCloud. As an example, you can send high priority security alerts when noncompliant Security Group rules are provisioned such as SSH open to the world. This integration is compatible with all DivvyCloud resources.
1. From the PagerDuty application, go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
2. Click on Add Service, select "Use our API Directly" and Save.
3. Copy the resulting integration service key. You will use this integration service key in Step 8.
Service Key And API Key Needed
You will need both the service key (created here in Step 3) and an API key (which will be created in Step 7) to complete the PagerDuty integration. Be sure to copy and record BOTH keys.
Generating PagerDuty's Integration Service Key
4. Go to the Configuration menu and select API Access.
5. Select Create a New API Key.
6. Give the new API key a description.
Copy The Resulting API Key!!
You will not be able to access the resulting API key again so copy it and store it somewhere secure. The API key--along with the integration service key--will be required to configure the integration.
7. Copy or record the resulting API Key. You will not be able to access the resulting API key again so copy it and store it somewhere secure. The API key will be used in Step 8.
Generating PagerDuty's API Access Key
8. Open DivvyCloud and go to the Integrations main page. Click the Edit option for PagerDuty (on the PagerDuty 'card'). Enter the API Key (API Access Key, Step 7) and the Service Key (Integration Service Key, Step 3) you generated in prior steps. Select Save.
Entering API and Service Keys for PagerDuty
1. Go to the BotFactory page and click Create Bot.
2. Complete the Resource Type & Groups and Conditions section.
3. In the Actions section click Add Action and find the "PagerDuty Incident" action. (You can begin typing 'PagerDuty' into the text box at the top of the BotFactory Actions pane.)
4. Add a Description and select Save.