This page provides details and an overview of the steps required to configure your DivvyCloud installation to integrate with PagerDuty. This integration allows you to notify on-call responders through PagerDuty based on alerts within DivvyCloud. Here's how it works:
- An issue in one of your cloud accounts will show up as a failing Insight in DivvyCloud
- The failing Insight will trigger a Bot
- The Bot will be configured to create an incident in PagerDuty
- A functioning DivvyCloud installation with an admin role. (Note: These instructions assume you are running DivvyCloud v20.2)
- PagerDuty integrations require an Admin base role for account authorization. If you do not have this role, please reach out to an Admin or Account Owner within your organization to configure the integration.
- If you need help with this integration, contact [email protected].
1. From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- Click on + New Service
- In the new service details complete the following:
-- Name: DivvyCloud
-- Integration Type: "Use our API Directly"
-- API Version: Events API v2
-- Integration Name: DivvyCloud
2. Click "Add Service" to complete this step.
3. Navigate to "My Profile" and select "User Settings"
4. Click on "Create API User Token". This will create a new PagerDuty API User Token, copy and save this information for your DivvyCloud integration.
Keep your API Key in a safe place, you will need this information when you configure the integration with DivvyCloud in the next section. If you don't copy and save this information when it is generated you will have to delete and recreate it.
5. Click on the name of the service (e.g. DivvyCloud) to open the service page. In the full path URL, copy the string after "service-directory/". This will be the service key that you will input in your DivvyCloud configuration.
1. Open DivvyCloud and go to the Integrations main page and click the Edit option for PagerDuty (on the PagerDuty 'card').
2. In the API Key field, insert the API Key you previously generated.
3. In the Service Key field, insert the string that you copied from the PagerDuty URL.
4. In the Email Address field, insert the email address of the user that created the PagerDuty service and select Save.
1. Go to the BotFactory page and click Create Bot.
2. Complete the "Resource Type & Groups" and "Conditions" sections.
3. In the Actions section click Add Action and find the 'PagerDuty Incident' action. (You can begin typing 'PagerDuty' into the text box at the top of the BotFactory Actions pane.)
- Log Into PagerDuty and delete the integration key that was created for DivvyCloud.
- Go to the Integrations page and select Delete for the PagerDuty integration.
Updated 7 months ago