This page provides details and an overview of the steps required to configure your DivvyCloud installation to integrate with PagerDuty. This integration allows you to notify on-call responders through PagerDuty based on alerts within DivvyCloud. Here's how it works:
- A functioning DivvyCloud installation with an admin role.
- PagerDuty integrations require an Admin base role for account authorization. If you do not have this role, please reach out to an Admin or Account Owner within your organization to configure the integration.
- If you need help with this integration, contact [email protected].
1. From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- Click on + New Service
- In the new service details complete the following:
-- Name: DivvyCloud
-- Integration Type: "Use our API Directly"
-- API Version: Events API v1 or 2
-- Integration Name: DivvyCloud
2. Click the Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations tab for your service.
3. An Integration Key will be generated on this screen.
Keep your Integration Key in a safe place, you will need this information when you configure the integration with DivvyCloud in the next section.
PagerDuty Example Integration Key
1. Open DivvyCloud and go to the Integrations main page and click the Edit option for PagerDuty (on the PagerDuty 'card').
2. Enter the API Key and the Service Key you generated in prior steps, and select Save.
1. Go to the BotFactory page and click Create Bot.
2. Complete the "Resource Type & Groups" and "Conditions" sections.
3. In the Actions section click Add Action and find the 'PagerDuty Incident' action. (You can begin typing 'PagerDuty' into the text box at the top of the BotFactory Actions pane.)
- Log Into PagerDuty and delete the integration key that was created for DivvyCloud.
- Go to the Integrations page and select Delete for the PagerDuty integration.
Updated 11 days ago