Our Jira integration provides InsightCloudSec with the ability to create Jira tasks and is compatible with all supported resources. For example, you can use this integration to create a Jira task if a Bot locates an Instance with SSH open to the world.
For general information about Integrations (editing and deleting) refer to the Integrations Overview page.
If you need help with this integration, contact [email protected].
For Cloud Jira Servers
Only API token authentication is supported; Atlassian has deprecated password authentication.
1. Obtain an API Token from Atlassian, from the link select "Create API Token".
2. Provide a name for your API token, and select "Create".
3. After creating, copy the API token information.
Support - Local User Jira
Currently we only support local Jira users.
1. Navigate to "Administration --> Integrations". Locate the "Jira" integration card and click "Edit".
2. Complete the Jira integration form as follows:
- Username: provide your username
- Password: provide the API token you created earlier
- Enter the server associated with your Jira account
InsightCloudSec includes Bot actions that you can use to create Jira Tasks as part of your integration.
- For detailed step-by-step instructions on using this feature check out our documentation on Creating Bots
- You can also check out Working with Bots (Best Practices & Examples) if you want to review some examples.
The basic steps to create this action are as follows:
1. Navigate to "Automation --> BotFactory" and click on the "Create Bot" button on the top of the page.
2. Complete the "About Bot", "Resource Type & Groups" and "Filters" sections of the Bot creation form.
3. In the Actions section, click "Add Action" and find "Create Individual Jira Issue" action.
4. Complete the details for the Jira issues.
- Note for the Project field you will need the Project Key not the Project Name.
5. Complete the "Run Options" to finalize configuration of this Bot.
6. To verify, run this Bot and then log in to your Jira account to verify the new tasks are being created as expected.
Updated 15 days ago