The command line interface (CLI) Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool
mimics enables customers to run scans for the InsightCloudSec IaC capability from the command line. The primary use case for this tool is to provide the ability to perform an IaC scan to identify possible misconfigurations earlier in the development process, even before the the code is pushed into the pipeline.
Currently, IaC supports scanning Terraform, AWS CloudFormation Templates (CFT), and Kubernetes IaC.
For details on getting started with the CLI check out the CLI IaC Scanning Tool Setup. Once you have the CLI IaC Scanning Tool configured, refer to our individual pages on the following topics:
- CLI Commands and Parameters - Terraform and CloudFormation provides for more information on using
mimicswith Terraform and CloudFormation
- CLI Commands and Parameters - Kubernetes IaC provides more information on using
mimicswith HELM charts, Kustomize overlays, and YAML manifest files
- CLI Tool Commands and Parameters - Docker Images provides more information on using
mimicswith Docker Images
- Check out the CI/CD Tool Integrations for information on integrating the CLI scanning tool with common CI/CD pipelines
- Refer to the page on Setting Values for CloudFormation Template (CFT) Parameters and Pseudo Parameters if you use parameters and pseudo parameters with your IaC code
Updated 7 months ago