Before getting started with the Cloud IAM Governance through Access Explorer, we recommend confirming the prerequisites available on this page.
The content here outlines some high-level requirements for using the Access Explorer and the documentation that is available for this feature. As always, if you have issues or questions, reach out to us through the Customer Support Portal.
IAM Governance - Access Explorer
The InsightCloudSec IAM Governance capability is managed through a function in the InsightCloudSec platform labelled as "Access Explorer." This feature of InsightCloudSec is designed to provide governance around cloud IAM.
For ease of reference and to avoid confusion around using the term IAM (since many cloud providers use this term) we will stick to the term "Access Explorer" to refer to this functionality.
Access Explorer currently supports the AWS IAM model.
- A running instance of InsightCloudSec with Domain Admin permissions and the InsightCloudSec IAM license (contact us via the Customer Support Portal for more information)
- At least one AWS Cloud
However, before you get started, we'd also recommend that you review the Best Practices and Limitations outlined below as well as the detailed Recommended Prerequisites provided in the Access Explorer - Setup documentation.
As stated, our initial launch supports AWS and focuses on providing IAM support that resources the InsightCloudSec platform currently supports.
Access Explorer will continue to expand support and capabilities as we work with our customers to incorporate their feedback and requirements into our roadmap. If you have questions about the specifics of what we support or questions around a certain use case, reach out to us through the Customer Support Portal.
- Conditional Context Keys
- Conditional Operators
- InsightCloudSec/AWS Resource Types
- Policy Statement Features
The complete Access Explorer documentation includes high-level summary content and instructional and configuration details. A summary of the available pages and the content is as follows:
- Cloud IAM Governance - Access Explorer Provides a high-level overview of the Cloud IAM Governance Access Explorer tool, the problems we're trying to solve, and the summaries of the basic capabilities and approach.
- Access Explorer - Setup A walk-through of the first-time user experience in setting up Access Explorer. This page shows the individual steps within the "wizard" that InsightCloudSec presents to guide users through the setup process.
- Access Explorer - Configuration and Settings A detailed guide on all settings and configuration components for Access Explorer.
- Using Access Explorer - Feature Guide A guide that shows users how to navigate within Access Explorer and the basic usage of this feature.
- IAM Settings Hosts the IAM cache settings
- AWS LPA Setup Details on LPA for AWS
- Azure Least Privileged Access (LPA) Details on LPA for Azure
Updated about 1 year ago