The DivvyCloud Dashboard provides an overview of your infrastructure's most important characteristics. As the main landing page in DivvyCloud, it appears in the main content area to the right of the navigation.
- To access this content from another starting point in the DivvyCloud platform, click on the "Dashboard" icon from the main navigation
First-Time User Display
When DivvyCloud is first installed, the Dashboard displays will be blank. Cloud Account Setup must first be completed and harvesting begun, before the dashboard summary displays are available.
The top of the dashboard provides a display of filterable charts for compliance trends and will update all of the visualizations below. From this filter area, you can select the scope for the report(s) you would like to display. The filter area includes:
- A drop-down menu of Compliance Packs
- A date range
- A drop-down menu of cloud accounts
- A drop-down for badges you would like to apply (along with a checkbox to enforce the inclusion of all badges)
- A drop-down menu of severity levels
The dashboard allows users to dynamically scope their view based on the Insight Pack and badge scope, and look backward up to 90 days to see the compliance trend over time. This capability aims to show the impact that the software is having on improving security for your organization’s cloud footprint.
Saved View For Each User
The Insight Pack, badge scope, and date range selected will persist between logins.
The Compliance Score is calculated by the number of resources scanned, relative to the number of applicable checks (or Insights) in the Insight Pack. There is no weighting associated with the checks, and they are all treated as equal relative to the calculation of the score.
As an example, let's say you have 100 S3 buckets and an Insight Pack has ten checks that focus on S3. Of those checks, there are 10 buckets failing three of the ten checks:
- The number of checks that would be executed during the scan would be 1,000 (100 * 10)
- The number of failed checks would be 30 (3 * 10)
- The compliance score for the daily run would be 97% (100% - 30/1000%)
- This compliance score logic extends across multiple resource types so that checks/insights in the pack only count as successful or unsuccessful depending on whether the resource type exists.
This area of the Compliance Trend report includes "Compliance Violations by Severity" with a breakdown of the number of Insights by severity based on the Compliance Pack you select.
This Insights and Exemptions data displays the specific numbers around Core Insights (authored by DivvyCloud), Insights (built by the customer), and Exemptions. These numbers are important to see, as they can have an impact on the overall compliance score and severity breakdown.
This display includes data around individual cloud accounts based on provider.
- Clicking on the name below the graph will update the data to display for the Cloud Service Provider selected.
Below the displays associated with the Compliance Trends, you also have four summary displays (two lists, two graphs) that are shown on the dashboard. These include:
- A listing of the "Bot Coverage Per Cloud" account
- A listing of the "Instances Per Cloud" account
- A donut chart showing "Top 5 Regions by Resource Count"
- A pie chart showing "Top Clouds by Resource Count"
The Global Navigation Menu, or "main navigation", persists throughout the system and includes access to all of the features/sections available within the DivvyCloud Platform.
Note: Access to some functions on the "Navigation Menu" (e.g., Provisioning, Identity Management, System Administration) require specific permissions. If a user does not have the required permissions, these functions will not appear on the navigation menu.
Refer to User, Groups, and Roles (Administration) for more details on permissions.
Just below your username is a sub-menu that provides access to view your individual profile, a link to the public DivvyCloud release notes, link to the DivvyCloud documentation, and toggle between organizations (with the appropriate permissions).
Updated about a month ago