After installing DivvyCloud, the next part of your setup will be to connect your cloud account(s). After creating an administrator account, DivvyCloud opens the "Add a Cloud Account" page by default.
Whether it's connecting your first cloud account or adding a new cloud account the options are the same. The "Add a Cloud Account" screen displays for new users with no cloud accounts and can be accessed through the Clouds page using the "Add Cloud" button.
1. Select your Cloud Service Provider from the available options. If you don't see your provider on the initial screen, click "See More" to expand the full list. (Contact [email protected] for questions on provider availability.)
2. Fill in the details for your specific cloud account.
- Note: For AWS and Azure you will need to specify your authentication type.
4. For organizations with alternative Harvesting Strategies, the option to select a specific Harvesting Strategy will be available in the Account Details form.
- For organizations without alternative strategies, the default provider strategy will be applied and no optional selection is displayed.
5. For AWS and GCP you will be able to complete an optional validation step. The validation feature allows you to check permissions for your connected cloud resources.
- Click "Validate" to complete this step; or ignore and continue to adding Cloud Badges (also optional).
To use the validation feature, you will need to have the following AWS permission enabled
If any permissions (either missing or misconfigured) are preventing DivvyCloud from gaining access to a specific resource, a "View Missing Permissions" button will display.
Clicking the "View Missing Permissions" button will launch the "Missing Permissions" window which provides details on the resources: a description of the resource and the specific permissions that are missing.
- The "Copy to Clipboard" option will enable you to save this information to share with internal support or to reference later.
Missing Permissions - Visibility Issues
Missing Permissions do not impact the addition of your cloud. Your cloud account will still be added and initiate the harvesting of resources to view and administrate in DivvyCloud.
You can review issues around resource visibility on the main Clouds page after you've connected your cloud account(s).
6. After addressing any optional validation, you can also add Badges.
Badges work as
key:valuepairs and are a useful way to organize your cloud accounts.
Click "Save Badges" for any badges you want to include.
7. To add an additional cloud, select "Add Another Cloud" or if you have added all of your accounts, select "Finished, Go to Clouds".
Updated 2 months ago