InsightCloudSec currently supports adding a cloud account from the following Cloud Service Providers (CSPs):
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Alibaba Cloud
Click on any of the links above to view specific instructions for the CSPs. If you are looking for details around Clusters or setting up Kubernetes refer to the Clusters Account Setup & Management page or Kubernetes Scanners.
Contact us through the Customer Support Portal with any questions.
First time users can sign in to InsightCloudSec and will immediately be directed to the new cloud onboarding experience. This onboarding workflow can be used to connect a cloud account (or accounts) for any of the CSPs we support.
To get started, select "Onboard a Cloud Account", choose your CSP, and follow the steps to complete the onboarding.
- For customers with multiple CSPs each provider will have to be onboarded individually.
First-time Users Missing Onboarding
If you accidentally navigate out of the First-time onboarding experience and do not have any cloud accounts connected - Navigate to "Cloud --> Cloud Accounts" and click on "Add Cloud" to launch the onboarding.
For customers with existing cloud accounts, navigate to "Cloud --> Cloud Accounts" and select "Add A Cloud".
This launches the onboarding workflow and will allow you to add additional cloud accounts for a new CSP, or to add additional accounts for a CSP you have connected previously.
Refer to the links below for step-by-step instructions for all of our support CSPs for the new onboarding process.
- AWS Cloud - Onboarding
- GCP - Onboarding
- Azure - Onboarding
- Oracle Cloud - Onboarding
- Alibaba Cloud - Onboarding
Under "Cloud Accounts --> Listing" you will find a list of all cloud accounts (even those that are part of a Cloud Organization. Visit the Cloud Accounts page for overview details of each tab available under Cloud Accounts.
Clicking on the name of an individual cloud account, will bring you to the Cloud Account Detail Page, where you can review information specific to that account including:
- Viewing overview information for the account (total resources, harvest result visualizations, etc)
- Harvest info (and settings)
- Viewing/editing general cloud settings
Users with the appropriate permissions can remove a cloud account from InsightCloudSec through the Clouds Listing page.
Two important items to note:
- Removing the cloud account via this method will only remove it from the InsightCloudSec application
- To fully remove or delete a cloud account you will need to do so through the CSP
1. Select the desired cloud account by clicking on the name in the Listing age and navigate to the "Settings" tab.
2. Click the "Remove Cloud Account" button to remove the target cloud account from the InsightCloudSec application.
Account Part of Organization
If the account you're removing is part of an existing CSP Organization that is recognized by InsightCloudSec, the account ID will be automatically added to that organization's "skip" list so the account will not be harvested in the future.
Cloud Organizations vs. InsightCloudSec Organizations
This functionality should not be confused with the InsightCloudSec-specific Organizations capability that allows for multi-tenant functionality available under "System Administration --> Organizations".
In InsightCloudSec, the "Organizations" section of the platform is where you manage your connected cloud service provider-based Organization(s) a.k.a. Cloud/CSP Organizations.
This section of the tool allows you to add and remove CSP-related Organizations and update configuration information for existing ones.
The Organizations tab/page is accessible under the Cloud heading, "Cloud --> Cloud Accounts --> Organizations".
- Use the "Search" bar to filter through your Organizations
Organization Account Discovery
As of InsightCloudSec version 23.6.6, upon completing the onboarding wizard, InsightCloudSec can automatically detect a Cloud Organization and its child accounts; from there, you can have InsightCloudSec automatically onboard the child accounts. Review the CSP-specific onboarding pages for more information.
Locate the Cloud organization you wish to modify and select the "Edit" (hamburger icon) to the left of the Organization name, then click "Edit Organization". This will open a side panel where, with the appropriate permissions, you can modify the organization fields (these fields will vary based on the Cloud Service Provider that the organization is associated with).
Select the checkbox next to an Organization to enable the option to remove it
- Note: This will not delete the Organization within the associated Cloud Service Provider; it will just stop harvesting information for the Organization (and its child accounts) and remove it from InsightCloudSec
Updated 9 months ago