InsightCloudSec has the ability to use Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) as an SMTP server to generate emails.
Email Receiving Regional Availability
Amazon SES only supports email receiving in the following regions:
See the Amazon SES documentation for more information.
Note: While some examples, images, and back-end capabilities may have the name DivvyCloud vs. InsightCloudSec, the functionality is the same.
If you have any questions about the information included on this page reach out to us through the the Customer Support Portal.
SES setup consists of two parts; one part is completed in the AWS console, the other in InsightCloudSec.
1. Navigate to SES inside AWS (under Customer Engagement: Simple Email Service), ensure you select a region that allows email.
2. Click on Email Addresses (in the navigation menu under Identity Management).
3. Click on Verify a New Email Address.
- Fill out the intended email address.
- Click "Verify This Email Address".
4. Go to the mailbox for that email address and open the "Amazon Web Services – Email Address Verification Request" email; select the verification link.
It may take up to an hour for the verification email to arrive in your Inbox. Your email will be marked as "pending verification' on AWS' Verified Emails screen until the verification process is complete.
5. Ensure that your email has been verified. After selecting the verification link, return to the list of Verified Emails on the AWS console, and verify a green check by your email address.
6. Generate your SMTP credentials:
- Click on SMTP Settings (under SES Home on the AWS navigation menu).
- Click on Create My SMTP Credentials.
7. Fill out the intended IAM User Name. You can create your own username or you can accept the default user name. Click "Create".
8. Either record or download the generated credentials. (Download is accessed from the blue button, bottom right of screen.)
Add the SMTP server to InsightCloudSec:
1. Navigate to "Administration --> System Administration" and verify that you are on the "Organizations" tab.
2. Click on the Actions menu to the left of the name of the organization you would like to configure and select "Configure Email (SMTP).
3.Complete the SMTP Settings form as follows:
- Hostname/IP - Enter the Hostname for the selected region. (The hostname is dependent on the region where you created your SES email. For example, if the sender was created in the us-east-1 region, the hostname is for us-east-1).
- Port - Choose the port you want to use (25, 465, or 587).
- Enabled SSL - Check the SSL box to encrypt communications.
- Username - Enter the SMTP Username in the username box with the access key from your SES credentials.
- Password - Enter the SMTP Password in the password box with the secret access key from your SES credentials.
- Email - Enter the email address of the verified email address.
- Domain Whitelist (optional) - An optional list of whitelisted recipient domains.
4. Click "Test" to verify your configuration.
5. Click "Submit" to complete the configuration.
After your SES SMTP configuration settings are verified, you can then begin to use Insight subscriptions, compliance scorecard subscriptions, and Bot actions.
Updated 9 months ago